Port Manatee is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all employees, tenants and visitors.
The seaport security department operates from a state-of-the-art Access Control Center located at the port’s main North Gate entrance. From the high-tech center, security personnel monitor the port’s more than 1,100 acres via a sophisticated surveillance system. The facility also serves as an Emergency Command Center with communications features and space to accommodate various law enforcement agencies and departments in the event of an emergency.
Access and Credentialing
Port Manatee is fully compliant with the provisions of the Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) and utilizes the federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) as the primary credential to initiate access control.
Port Manatee Security operates a TWIC Enrollment Center under contract with the Transportation Security Administration and their contractor. Information regarding office hours and enrollment requirements is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
Enrollment in the Port’s Access Control System
To enroll in the port’s access control system, the applicant must:
- Possess a valid TWIC as required under federal law
- Demonstrate a verifiable business purpose to enter the port
- Go to the port’s credentialing office to electronically scan and validate the TWIC. Individuals must know their TWIC pin code to enroll their credential. (Individuals who do not know their pin code must visit the TWIC Enrollment Center to reset the code)
- Pay the appropriate fee
Visitors/Temporary Access Credentials
Individuals not registered into the port’s electronic access control system are required to receive a temporary credential prior to obtaining access. For temporary access, applicants must:
- Present a valid driver’s license or government issued photo identification card
- Demonstrate a verifiable business purpose to enter the port. This is accomplished by contacting the individual or business that is vetting access or by verifying tenant-issued load, pick-up or reservation numbers
- Individuals not possessing a valid TWIC must be escorted at all times while on the port (Security credentialing and escort fees may apply)
For more information on Port Manatee’s Visitor/Temporary Access policies and pricing, contact the Security Department at (941) 722-6455.
I Would Like To: