Get a behind-the-scenes look at Port Manatee on our free open-air public tram tour!
Port Manatee tram tours include knowledgeable tour guides, fantastic views of Tampa Bay and up-close encounters with large, oceangoing ships. Be sure to bring your camera!
The tour season begins October 21, 2013 and ends May 7, 2014. Tours take place Mondays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Tours last approximately one hour and 15 minutes.
Reservations are required. Call 941-722-6621 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to reserve a spot. Schools, clubs and civic groups are welcome. Our tram can accommodate up to 75 guests.
Parties of six or more guests, please call 941-722-6621 to schedule your tour.
- Security protocols require that all reservations be made at least one week in advance.
- We require the name, date of birth, and contact information for each person in your party.
- Last-minute additions to your group are not permitted.
- A government-issued photo ID for each guest is required at check-in.
- Please arrive by 9:30 a.m. The tram leaves promptly at 10 a.m.
- Food, beverages and restroom facilities are not available during the tour.
- Tours are not given on rainy days. If a tour is cancelled, we will make every effort to contact you by 9 a.m.
- If you need to cancel a tour, please give as much notice as possible so we may accommodate others.
- Access tram departure point via Piney Point Road (North entrance to the port). Cross two railroad tracks. Turn right into tram parking lot.