Get a behind-the-scenes look at Port Manatee on our free open-air public tram tour. The 2012-13 season begins October 22, 2012. Tours take place Mondays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. October 22, 2012 through May 8, 2013, unless other arrangements are made.
Port Manatee’s open-air tram accommodates 70 adults. Click the Schedule NOW! button below or call 941-722-6621 to reserve a spot for you and a friend, a club, school or civic group. We look forward to seeing you!
Parties of five or more guests, please call 941-722-6621 to schedule your tour.
Follow signs for Tram and Visitor Parking as you enter the port's main entrance off Piney Point Road near the Port Manatee water tower. Guests will check in and sign a waiver form before boarding the tram -- there is no need to visit the Access Control Center main building.
- Port Manatee’s Public Tours are free and are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Spaces fill up quickly, so plan accordingly.
- Security protocols require that all reservations be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Last-minute additions to your group are not permitted.
- When making a reservation, be prepared to provide the date of birth, email address and contact information for each person in your party.
- A government-issued photo ID is required at check-in.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This is sufficient time for security personnel to check identification and for each person to sign a waiver form before boarding the tram.
- Food, beverages and restroom facilities are not available during the tour.
- The weather is generally moderate during the tour season, but visitors should prepare for the possibility of extreme temperatures. Tours are not given on rainy days. If the tour is postponed, we will make every effort to contact you by phone or email by 9 a.m. the day of your tour.
- Port Manatee offers fantastic views of Tampa Bay and up-close encounters with large, oceangoing ships. Be sure to bring your camera.
- Please be sure to lock and secure your vehicle.
Click here to book your tour.
New! Online Registration System
Now you can make tour reservations online!
Online reservations tips
- Before you make reservations, please have the name, birthdate, and email address of each member of your group. For security purposes, participants will receive an email confirmation along with instructions to enhance your tour experience. All other personal information provided will be verified with a photo id (driver’s license or passport) presented the day of the tour.
- To avoid delays on your tour date, please make sure all information provided online is accurate.
- Be sure to select the number of visitors in your group from the drop down menu while making reservations.
- For groups of six or more please call Port Manatee at 941-722-6621 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Security protocols require that all reservations be made at least one week in advance.
- Changes requested within seven days of your scheduled tour will not be permitted with the exception of cancellations.
- A commemorative personalized tour badge will be given to each guest during the tour.
- Due to popularity and limited space, please give as much notice as possible in the event of a cancellation so we may accommodate other guests.