Port Manatee’s skyrocketing containerized cargo trade continues to rise to record heights – soaring more than 53 percent in the just-ended fiscal year – while total cargo tonnage moving through the seaport has also reached an all-time high
Port Manatee is now receiving imports of Central American fruit via the newest energy-efficient refrigerated containerships of longtime port tenant Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
Port Manatee-based World Direct Shipping is expanding its fast-growing weekly services crossing the Gulf of Mexico.
Port Manatee is receiving more than $1 million in federal grant funding to bolster protection against cyberthreats, upgrade the port’s wireless security network and complete a perimeter fencing project.
- Port Manatee, Del Monte extend import hub relationshipPort Manatee and Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A. Inc. have reached agreement to keep the company’s fruit imports coming into the fast-growing seaport until at least 2026, with options through 2036.
- Port Manatee container trade skyrockets 53.3 percent in record fiscal 2021Port Manatee’s skyrocketing containerized cargo trade continues to rise to record heights – soaring more than 53 percent in the just-ended fiscal year – while total cargo tonnage moving through the seaport has also reached an all-time high, according to figures reported today [Tuesday, Oct. 19].
- Port Manatee career fair set for Oct. 14 at Bradenton Area Convention CenterPort Manatee and many of its industry partners are looking to fill more than 100 well-paying positions through a free, hands-on career fair to be held Thursday, Oct. 14, at the Bradenton Area Convention Center in Palmetto.
About The Port
Located “Where Tampa Bay Meets the Gulf of Mexico,” Port Manatee is the closest U.S. deepwater seaport to the expanded Panama Canal, with 10 40-foot-draft berths serving container, bulk, breakbulk, heavylift, project and general cargo customers. Port Manatee generates more than $3.9 billion in annual economic impact while providing for more than 27,000 direct and indirect jobs, all without benefit of local property tax support.
Port Manatee is one of Florida’s largest and fastest growing seaports, handling a variety of cargos.
- Three mobile harbor cranes equipped with clam-buckets
- 40 feet deep water draft
- Three mobile harbor cranes with a lift capacity of 100 tons each, 165 tons combined
- New 10 acres intermodal yard
- Fast efficient truck turn times
- Closest US port to the Panama Canal
- Three mobile harbor cranes, highest tandem lift capacity of any Florida port
- 70 acres ample laydown area
Travel Lanes Map
Map description / instructions here