Port Manatee is advancing an $8.3 million project to nearly double the size of its dockside container yard.
Port Manatee is now receiving imports of Central American fruit via the newest energy-efficient refrigerated containerships of longtime port tenant Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
Port Manatee’s dynamic containerized cargo trade continues to swell at a record pace, surging nearly 55 percent in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30.
- Port Manatee welcoming energy-efficient Del Monte containershipsPort Manatee is now receiving imports of Central American fruit via the newest energy-efficient refrigerated containerships of longtime port tenant Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
- Bellamy elected to one-year term as Manatee County Port Authority chairmanPALMETTO, Florida – Manatee County Commissioner Reggie Bellamy has been elected to serve a one-year term as chairman of the Manatee County Port Authority, the…
- Port Manatee celebrates 50 years as regional economic enginePort Manatee is celebrating a half century as a powerful regional economic catalyst and global commercial hub, with today [Thursday, Oct. 29] proclaimed Port Manatee Day in recognition of the 50-year anniversary of the diverse port’s dedication.
About The Port
Located “Where Tampa Bay Meets the Gulf of Mexico,” Port Manatee is the closest U.S. deepwater seaport to the expanded Panama Canal, with 10 40-foot-draft berths serving container, bulk, breakbulk, heavylift, project and general cargo customers. Port Manatee generates more than $3.9 billion in annual economic impact while providing for more than 27,000 direct and indirect jobs, all without benefit of local property tax support.
Port Manatee is one of Florida’s largest and fastest growing seaports, handling a variety of cargos.
- Three mobile harbor cranes equipped with clam-buckets
- 40 feet deep water draft
- Three mobile harbor cranes with a lift capacity of 100 tons each, 165 tons combined
- New 10 acres intermodal yard
- Fast efficient truck turn times
- Closest US port to the Panama Canal
- Three mobile harbor cranes, highest tandem lift capacity of any Florida port
- 70 acres ample laydown area
Travel Lanes Map
Map description / instructions here