ENTER THE PORT
Port Manatee’s facility security officer training program – the only such approved course offered by a U.S. seaport – has earned new certification from the U.S. Coast Guard.
Port Manatee’s senior communications manager, Virginia Zimmermann, is The International Propeller Club of the United States’ International Member of the Year, selected from among more than 6,000 members throughout the world.
All visitors must proceed to the Access Control Center located at the Port Manatee North Gate, 1705 Piney Point Road, Palmetto, FL 34221
Get UpdatesSign up to receive e-newsletters with updates and port information
Port Manatee is one of Florida’s largest and fastest growing seaports,
handling a variety of cargos.
- Two mobile harbor cranes equipped with clam-buckets
- 40 feet deep water draft
- Two mobile harbor cranes with a lift capacity of 100 tons each, 165 tons combined
- New 10 acres intermodal yard
- Fast efficient truck turn times
- New Berth 12 and 14 open for business
- Two mobile harbor cranes, highest tandem lift capacity of any Florida port authority
- 70 acres ample laydown area
WHY PORT MANATEE?
Located on South Tampa Bay, Port Manatee is regarded as the closest U.S. deepwater port to the Panama Canal and offers superior intermodal connectivity, competitive rates and a prime location, with nearly 5,000 acres of surrounding green space ripe for development.