Port Manatee is advancing an $8.3 million project to nearly double the size of its dockside container yard.
Port Manatee is now receiving imports of Central American fruit via the newest energy-efficient refrigerated containerships of longtime port tenant Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
Port Manatee-based World Direct Shipping is expanding its fast-growing weekly services crossing the Gulf of Mexico.
Port Manatee’s vibrant containerized cargo trade keeps soaring to record heights, with the number of container units crossing port docks in the six months ended March 31 rising nearly 74 percent over the comparable year-earlier period.
- Port Manatee anticipates boost in steel exports with facility acquisition by Aceros Arequipa unitPort Manatee is anticipating a big boost in exports of recycled steel materials following acquisition of a port-adjacent 25.5-acre facility by a new subsidiary of Peru-based steelmaker Aceros Arequipa.
- MCAT to launch Port Manatee bus serviceThe Manatee County Area Transit is offering a new bus service for workers to get to and from their jobs at the port. Starting June…
- Port Manatee brings Tillotson aboard as chief commercial officerAs new chief commercial officer of Port Manatee, Charles D. Tillotson looks to bolster diverse cargo growth at the global gateway of Southwest and Central Florida.
About The Port
Located “Where Tampa Bay Meets the Gulf of Mexico,” Port Manatee is the closest U.S. deepwater seaport to the expanded Panama Canal, with 10 40-foot-draft berths serving container, bulk, breakbulk, heavylift, project and general cargo customers. Port Manatee generates more than $3.9 billion in annual economic impact while providing for more than 27,000 direct and indirect jobs, all without benefit of local property tax support.
Port Manatee is one of Florida’s largest and fastest growing seaports, handling a variety of cargos.
- Three mobile harbor cranes equipped with clam-buckets
- 40 feet deep water draft
- Three mobile harbor cranes with a lift capacity of 100 tons each, 165 tons combined
- New 10 acres intermodal yard
- Fast efficient truck turn times
- Closest US port to the Panama Canal
- Three mobile harbor cranes, highest tandem lift capacity of any Florida port
- 70 acres ample laydown area
Travel Lanes Map
Map description / instructions here